Comics, Movies, Video Games, and More

"Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

~Ephesians 5:16

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Godzilla Gets an Update.....or Does it?


This weekend was the yearly London Kapow event. It's a comic con. What was so special about this particular one? Why am I even writing about it you ask? Well you see, Gareth Edwards had attended. The name may not mean much to the average reader, but it does to me, this guy is currently directing the upcoming GODZILLA film. So this was pretty big, it looked like we were finally going to have an update. It had been literally months since the last one. I don't know about you, but I was really anticipating this. I was expecting a huge update. Something along the lines such as when filming would begin, or who the opponent is. We would at least get a rough release date, right? Well....


"It's going great and I'm genuinely excited about it. We're just working really hard with Legendary, who have been fantastic. Thomas Tull has just been an absolute pleasure and nothing like the experience they warn you about when you go to Hollywood. I can't say much other than I hope that we'll have some proper news soon. So you won't have to wait too long at all."

Yes, that's it. That's what we got. Do you know what that really translates to? That's just a professional way of saying "No update." You think I'm being selfish? I mean, since at least there's word, I should be happy? We're still at SQUARE ONE people. Development? Filming? Casting? A stinking release date? None of that. It could be years before Legendary puts this as a priority. Did you know that this film is still technically targeted to come out this year? Yeah, there was no comment on that either. That quote is nothing but a joke. He 'hopes there will be some proper news soon.' Not 'there will be news soon' he hopes there will be news soon. I don't blame Edwards, I blame Legendary Studios. This whole thing is turning into a big joke. Legendary Studios paid a lot of money to able to use Godzilla, so technically they want to make a film. But watch, one of these days, we're going to hear that this film is being canned. That, or it'll take years like with TriStar and their film.

No comments:

Post a Comment